Wednesday 19 October 2011

Faulkes Telescopes

Today I was officially appointed as the Faulkes Telescope Pro-Am programme manager. To say I am flattered and honoured would be an understatement. My role will be to work on new projects like BBC Stargazing Live, the asteroid detection and comet recovery projects with my fantastic colleagues in Italy, expanding this into new areas, projects like Project Snoopy, and working with professional research observatories around the world, collaborating with schools, and amateur observers to inspire future generations of astronomers. To have been able to work with and use the twin Faulkes telescopes, set up by the visionary that is Dill Faulkes, a man who has inspired not only me, but many who's lives he's touched is a joy, and I hope I can do the team proud with some great science, whilst keeping astronomy fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment